Monday, June 8, 2015

Seattle, WA

Photograph of me back when I had Purple hair. :)

(All photographs in this post were taken by me and were taken of Brady and I in 2013.)

It's no surprise that one of my favorite vacation destinations without a doubt, hands down, is Seattle. (Portland being a close second.. Well actually there's a tie for second... I'm unsure if I like New Orleans more or not. haha)

So I thought it would be fun to share some photographs I've taken while out in Seattle, WA for you guys to enjoy.


I adore old creepy carousals. This one on the Pier has the best creepy vibe ever; actually the whole pier has a hair raising vibe about it.

Below are some pictures from my number one spot to hit up every time I visit Seattle called 'Ye Olde Curiosity shop' which just so happens to be on the hair raising pier I just mentioned previously. 
(1001 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98104) 






I must admit that the museum of curiosities is more so a gift shop with awesome random strange oddities hanging upon all the walls but still yet I do recommend this to any creature of the dark reading my blog post. <3 Once leaving the museum you'll stumble on this sign:


GO ON THE GHOST TOUR. DO IT.

Seriously so much fun. The people providing the tours are very friendly and exciting to listen to. They back up each story with news paper clippings (yes real news paper clippings) and actual video footage of tragic events which now cause current day hauntings.



Photograph above was the view from Brady and I's hotel room.






This picture above... I can't get over how deferent I used to look. >_<"


Having starbucks at the original, very first to open, starbucks cafe. 



My handsome husband Brady being dashing and majestic.

The following photos are all taken in the EMP Museum which I also highly recommend you guys to check out.
(325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109)


During our visit in 2013 the museum had a Nirvana Exhibit and a totally separate Hollywood Fantasy Hero's and Villain's Exhibit set up.


A Shirt that Kurt Cobain had handmade as a teenager.


Another shirt Kurt handmade.




David Bowie's costume for the movie Jim Henson's Labyrinth.... The two photographs of masks below are also from Labyrinth. (the ballroom scene with Jareth and Sarah)




The animatronic mask from Pan's Labyrinth.






Next time I visit Seattle I'll be sure to record video to show all of you on my youtube channel Kazlovesbats.

Stay Spooky, 
Allison Eckfeldt

1 comment:

  1. If I remember correctly, the Starbucks touted as the first isn't in the same exact location as when it opened, but being that it was only later 'moved' to Pike Place they still call it the first and the shop has looked the same since the 1970s. Which is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete